[posted on 16 December 2011]
Greening the management of the protected areas in SRB-BiH cross-border region” 24 - 26 November 2011, Sremska Mitrovica
The Mid Term Workshop, organised within the frame of the project “Greening the management of the protected areas in SRB-BiH cross-border region”, took place on 24 - 26 November, 2011 in the Special Nature Reserve «Zasavica», near Sremska Mitrovica, with the purpose of introducing participants to the drafted Guidelines on protected areas management and eco tourism development as well as the drafting of the action plan for the eco-tourism development in the Serbia-BiH cross – border region. In total 46 representatives of NGOs, local government, managers of protected areas from the Serbian part of the Serb-BiH Cross border region participated in the workshop.
The following presentations and discussions were held during the workshop:
- The status of nature protection and management of protected area in the Serbian part of the CBC Program Area as well as the legislative framework related the nature protection in Serbia
- The current status of the NGOs involvement in eco tourism development and management of protected areas in the Serbian part of the cross-border region
- Guidelines for management of natural resources and eco tourism development
• Protected areas in the municipality of Prijepolje with introductory overview on the Delos Initiative approach
- The presentations of the results of the Interviewing conducted with the representatives of the NOGs, local people, managers of the protected areas as well as representatives of the local government with the purpose of identifying the situation regarding nature protection and tourism development in protected areas located within 5 pilot municipalities.
- The participants discussed the findings of the survey pointing out similarities and differences of the local communities they come from.
- The participants discussed in plenum the main obstacles for NGOs to be partners with protected areas managers and actively take part in eco tourism related activities at local level
- The participants worked on a joint action plan for improvement of eco tourism in the Serbia- BiH cross-border region.